Wednesday, February 4, 2009

In the beginning...

I remember my first pair of wings. My mother made them for my Halloween costume from coat hangers and nylons. They thumped the sides of the seats as I made my way down the isle of the school bus, ready to take on Kindergarten as a pixie punk rocker.

Wings symbolize a lot of things for me. Change. Freedom. Ok, so that's two things, but who's counting?! Haha. I guess besides my trying to find a deeper meaning in my obsession, the truth is I have always found fantasy to be completely enthralling. And fairies and pixies, for whatever reason, have always been the highlite of this fetish for me.

So, yes. I was that weird short-haired girl frolicking down the halls of your high school wearing wings and Chucks. And you were jealous, even if you didn't realize it. And you probably still don't. :)

So now that I'm a bigger me (we'll never say grown up, since everyone knows Tinkerbell lives in Neverland, where no one grows up), I have graduated from Halloween to such extravaganzas as the Labyrinth of Jareth Masquerade Ball. Any and Every excuse for me to dress up as a fairy, and I am THERE. :) So....I may be odd, but at least I look cute doing it! Hahah. And what has Tinkerbell taught millions of children worldwide, if not that you can get away with anything, even attempted murder, and get off with a light scolding and your own multi-million dollar merchandising industry as long as you're cute!

I think that's a lovely note to end on. :) Until next time...

Toodaloo, Pixie Pals!

2 comments:

Jimmy Bunting said...

I feel like I might know you a little more after reading that. It's also nice to think that I could very well be the first person to read your blog; or at least to comment on it. Sweet!

Oo.Tink.oO said...

I think you are the only person in the world who reads it. Haha. And I like it that way. ;)